The Hunter Safety Awards recognise local businesses who have integrated work, health and safety as part of their core business. In its fourth year, the Hunter Safety Awards will award 12 key categories.
Organisations and individuals may apply for more than one category, providing they meet the requirements of each award.
All awards are open for submissions, except the WHS Business of the Year, which is determined from the winners in the other categories.
All submission will be reviewed for eligibility and then provided to the judging panel, who will review based on a points-based matrix. From there they will decide their finalists and winners.
Finalists will be notified and invited to the awards ceremony, at which the winners will be announced.
Finalists will receive:
- Website and social media coverage of their placement as a finalist within their award category.
- A certificate to display in their workplace.
- A FINALIST logo to promote their position.
Winners will receive:
- External media coverage by the awards media partners.
- Website and social media coverage of their placement as a winner within their award category.
- An award to display in their workplace.
- A WINNER logo to promote their position.
In its fourth year there will be 12 main award categories, as below.
- WHS Business of the Year (not open for submissions, awarded by judges) - sponsored by AGL*
- WHS Champion of the Year - sponsored by University of Newcastle
- Young WHS Leader of the Year - sponsored by uvex
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (Large organisation) - sponsored by WesTrac
- Most Innovative WHS Idea (SME) - sponsored by 3M
- Best WHS Management System (Large organisation) - sponsored by Red Insight
- Best WHS Management System (SME) - sponsored by MRS Services Group
- Best WHS Improvement (Large organisation) - sponsored by Sonic HealthPlus
- Best WHS Improvement (SME) - sponsored by Jason Reading Landscapes
- Best Health & Wellbeing Program - sponsored by ACI Global
- WHS Student of the Year - sponsored by AGL
- Best WHS Training Course - sponsored by Programmed Skilled Workforce
*This major sponsorship is supported by AGL pursuant to an enforceable undertaking between AGL Macquarie CAN 167859494 and SafeWork NSW, dated 16 April 2018